Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blessing my home

I am doing a massive decluttering of my home to create some new energy and in the process I am blessing my home.  It's so much easier to help someone else de-clutter their space, this is my stuff and there's all sorts of emotion tied to it.

It's interesting the emotions that are coming up for me....I've had some fear, some anger, some sadness.  I just keep tapping it off and allowing the energy to flow through me.  And I'm using that energy to get through it.

I've caught myself multiple times resorting to my old negative ways of thinking.  Too frequently, I decide that I need a break, or that I deserve another cookie.  As I get more of the clutter handled, and more issues resolved, I'm feeling less anxious and my appetite is coming back a bit.  Which is good and bad.

It's interesting, as I confront things in the process of cleaning up, I find I am definitely resorting to my old habit of comfort eating.  I know for sure that once this project is complete, I'll be doing an aversion to soft-top lemon cookies.  :)  They call my name when I'm at my weakest.  So that has to be fixed!

But for right now, I'm simply acknowledging that I'm judging myself and then I practice a little self-forgiveness.  It's a chance to accept myself exactly as I am.  When I start feeling uncomfortable and find myself craving a cookie or wanting a break, it's time to be aware of what my body needs and notice what's upsetting me instead of beating myself up for it.

Tapping is really helping me to eliminate the negative thoughts I have about cleaning.  When I feel stressed or overwhelmed by it all, I tap off the bad stuff, and the job gets a whole lot easier.  Sometimes I really DO need a break and a drink of water and sometimes I need to quit whining and take 5 minutes more to finish the job.  

Blogging break is over :)  back to work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment